Tuesday, October 14, 2008

This Song is Called by The Devil Wears Prada

I am the speaker but what is responsibility?

This I beg of you, build me brick upon brick

High tides; waves of hypocrisy

I didn't think the clock struck more than twelve times

I decided to name her insomnia

Her teeth (show) like white seeds in a scarlet fruit

This I must tell you, old friend: fear beauty

This is meager, this is feeble

She was only a fiction and my creation.

1st line- I am in charge of my life, why not do what I wish?
2nd line- Deliver me, Lord, help me to escape this and to grow in faith.
3rd line- I say to myself and others that I know what is right, yet I do the opposite.
4th line- I had no idea how much time I had wasted in this struggle.
5th line- I have lost sleep over this, this clouds my judgement.
6th line- They are beautiful, but this is misleading...I know they are evil.
7th line- Save yourself, my friend. Beauty is a powerful thing. Flee from temptation while you still have the chance.
8th line- This is and was nothing. I can overcome this.
9th line- This wasn't as great as I thought it was after all. I realize now that evil had blinded with me it's false appeal.

The most powerful and chilling song on Plagues. I didn't really know how to post on this song other than by just breaking it down, line by line, like this. Very interesting lyrics...I have no idea of the true meaning of this song, but I'm assuming this is what they're about. Someone abandoned their morals for selfish desires, whatever that may be, and in the process had to realize their mistake and overcome the whole ordeal. This song also seems to apply to Adam and Eve to an extent (scarlet fruit), in that it was this sort of desire and temptation that caused them to fall into sin. This song is the incarnation of The Devil Wears Prada's name- evil isn't going to make it apparent that it is evil. It's going to make itself look good and appealing, so beware.

No comments: